Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gospel Reflection: Mt 25:14-30

Gospel: Mt 25:14-30
Event: 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (November 13, 2011)

Pericope:
"... but from those who are unproductive, even what they have will be taken from them"

Reflection:

When I was a kid (like 6 or 7 years old), I had a habit of comparing what I have from what others have. Some people are given twice as much as my allowance or some receives a lot more presents (on Christmas) than I have. Then I grew up thinking that money isn't everything and became more than satisfied whenever I receive something.

I was in 1st year and I see a lot of pretty face in our school. I thought, they don't have to spend an hour fixing their hair, unlike me, I spent the whole break time fixing myself. I used to envy people with fair complexion, but a year or so I realized that tanned people was better. People from other countries pay money to get their selves tanned.

Then, just last year, I thought about people who were born with beautiful voice. That they sound like an expert and have a really nice vibrato. I was jealous of their talent and I'm not a singers, so I pitied myself and ask God why he hasn't given me anything to be proud of (talent).

But then one day, we and my choir mates were testing our vocal range. Then I found out I can do 4 octaves and had a higher range than any of us sopranos. They were surprised and I thanked God for what had happened.

Although I didn't ask for having a 4 octave range of voice, I was grateful for that. And now I realized that we are given something more than we think we can have, it's just that we don't act to find it. Sometimes we don't realize how beautiful we are or how fortunate we are that we (some of us) don't have broken families in spite of low income. We can not get all the things we want, there's always a limit for everything.
(i got perfect ten for this)

No comments:

Popular Posts