Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gospel Reflection: Mt 13:1-23


Gospel:  Mt 13:1-23
Event: 15th Sunday of Ordinary Time (July 10, 2011)

Pericope:
"Whoever has ears ought to hear."

Reflection:
This is mainly the summary of the gospel this Sunday. This makes me think that good listeners are better than good speakers. In this noisy and busy world we're living we barely have time to reflect and think about what really life is for, what really is true and what isn't, what God really wants us to do and what he doesn't and that's because we don't listen. We only listen to what we want and that's a bad attitude we used to ignore and what we MUST take away. This gospel is good because I can simply apply this to everything that is happening in my life. Like, if I don't like physics, physics won't like me too, if I don't appreciate the food my mom gave me, then that food won't appreciate my taste buds too, if I hate riding in jeepneys, then jeepneys  would also hate giving me a ride. Same thing as being a Christian, if I wouldn't open my ears to what the church is saying, open my eyes for the poor and unfortunate people, open my mind and my heart to what God really wants to tell me, and if I keep on hearing what I JUST WANT TO, then I wouldn't be a true Christian and God won't bother listening to me and my prayers.

(i got 9 over ten for this)

No comments:

Popular Posts