Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gospel Reflection: Mt. 20:1-16a

Gospel:  Mt. 20:1-16a
Event: 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (October 2, 2011 )

Pericope:
"Friend, I am doing you no wrong, did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage? Take what belongs to you and go"

Reflection:

I remember what my math teacher and current adviser told us bout "bitterness". Bitterness is what makes us think of inequality and inequity in something that has given to us. we tend to question and weight these things and claim that we deserve more, than anyone. It's basically a sign of immaturity and weakness. Because if you are mature, you won't complain and ask for more, instead you will thank what you had received and make the most of it. And if you are strong, you wont' depend on material things, because strong people are self-supporting and independent.

Bitter people are like the envious students in class who always compare their grades with others. their famous (a bit exaggerated) tag line would be "Ang daya, bakit mas mataas grade mo?" when they try to compare their work with others. Wherein, some wouldn't dare to care or waste their time figuring out why they got a low score when they expected have much higher grades. Because comparing what you don't have with what other have won't make you better, in terms of grades, yes, in terms of values and real knowledge, NO. If you keep comparing and comparing even the smallest (so-called 'biased') blessing things you receive, you will end up relying on them, wasting your time, your energy, people's patience, end up having a short character, and most importantly losing self-confidence and the ability to face and DEAL WITH IT.

I admit, I'm one of those bitter people that measure every corner of unfairness in the world. Like what I do, comparing my stuff with the brand-new things my cousin has, or even with looks and talents that I don't have. Especially when I work hard on something and feel like I really deserve something more. But remember: God made us equal. We might have low income but income isn't everything. We might be uglier but looks isn't everything. And there's always "something" that makes us stand out and be unique.

(i got perfect ten for this)

No comments:

Popular Posts