Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gospel Reflection: Mt 13:33-37

Gospel: Mt 13:33-37
Event: 1st Sunday of Advent (November 27, 2011)

Pericope:
"Be alert and watch, for you don't know when the time will come"

Reflection:

I can easily relate myself to this chosen pericope because I'm a time conscious person. I often get upset when I have nothing to do especially when I want to do something but cannot do it. Then I tend to waste my time on something  else less important. There's never a day I'm not doing anything. Recently I bought a pocket notebook for vocabulary words, so that I can bring it everywhere and use it every time we have nothing to do in class. I also multitask. My friends describe as workaholic and the often said "ui, may bukas pa!" and I just remain silent.

For some people the time they waste doing nothing may seem subtle but you'll realize how important time is when you make regrets. It's like throwing money away, the difference is we can't take that money back again. If 24 hours was 1 400 000 dollars, 1 minute would cost 1 000 then time would never be neglected. The 5 000 dollars you spent watching TV instead of helping your mom is an EVIDENT waste of time and so as the 60 000 or an hour you waste sleeping in the class instead of appreciating what the teacher is sharing for us.

We must use our time WISELY, and this doesn't apply only to work or college cramming but emotionally how we show love to our family, friends, neighbors and God. While there is still time to say thank you or "I love you" to our parents, then let's do it NOW. While there's still time to apologize to our enemies, then let's not hesitate and have second thoughts. Let's not wait for the time when they're gone to let us realize how important they are.

(i got perfect ten for this)

No comments:

Popular Posts