Sunday, April 15, 2012

stuff i wrote when i was 12: My Goals in Life



My Goals in Life

     I have so many goals in life. When I was young I wanted to be a doctor. When I was like 8 years old, my grandpa was sick, which made me decide that someday I’ll be a doctor and will cure and help people with their sickness no matter how much effort I should exert. Until now, I still wanted to be a doctor. The lachrymose story of Aya Ikeuchi (one litre of tears) strengthens my inspiration to become a doctor. I want to be a doctor that will make the incurable, curable, a doctor that will end the spread of dreaded disease and a doctor that will give hope to each and everyone of its patient.

     Other than being a doctor I also want to be a Lawyer. Most of my uncles and aunts are in this line of profession. I want to help people with their problems and solve different cases. I know being a Lawyer is a real challenge to me since I don’t know much anything about Law. I really love this job and I think having my uncle and aunt’s guide will make it a lot easier for me to pass board exams.

     It may seem strange for me since I’m not that active in dancing or modeling (such stuffs), but I also dreamt to be a singer & pianist, model and popular actress someday in my twenties. Probably, I was inspired by our Miss Universe 2008, Dayana Mendoza, since she was confident, smart, obviously beautiful and she always remained poised under pressure. Another thing that inspired was compliments and support my teachers gave me when I was in grade 4-6. They keep telling me that being a model is suitable for me since I had that perfect “Pinay beauty” they were talking about. My strongest passion may be my passion for music. I love anything that includes music and I believe that’s why I want to be a singer and pianist or any instrumentalist. I just want to have fun and give people inspiration and motivation to go on and reach their goals in life. I want to be popular. I want to explore the world and meet different kinds of people.

     Of course If you want to reach and achieve your goals, you must work hard for it. You must learn to sacrifice and to accept failure.

     Early experience and early education is a good start. In my high school life, I want to be in the 1st rank in our class, from 2nd year high school to my fourth year in ICCS. I want to have an advance study for my course in medicine. I also need to develop and improve my English Grammar because I know it’s obviously needed for everyone of us, so we can express ourselves not only in our primary language but also in our secondary language which is English.

I had good plans for my course but how about for my passion? Since I love singing and playing piano, I joined the chamber chorus club in our school. Maybe being part of that club will let me improve and practice my singing skills. Aside from playing piano, I also want to learn other instruments like the guitar (I know how to play a few chords), violin, saxophone, flute and even drums.

     Life in college is a real challenge and pretty tougher than in high school and elementary. So I guess I should be focusing to what I need to study for my course and not what I WANT to study. That means turning your back on your strongest passion and that’s genuinely a hard thing to do. I really love music but sometimes it can have a bad impact on my education. I’ll end up like my brother. He’s 20 years old now and still hasn’t finished and graduated college. He spent his two years jamming with his friends going to party night outs and working with his band. He’s the lead guitarist, the composer and the vocalist of his band. Anyway, he should have focused on what he needed to do first.

     Having a perfect score in Biology exam and being able to sing in vibrato voice isn’t enough to reach these goals you’re aiming for. Friends are important. You need friend to support you and to love you, friends that will help you face challenges in life. You need friends that will share his/her snack with you if ever you forget to bring yours. It’s important for us to learn how to communicate with the public.

     Well, aside from friends, you need to know what is right and what is wrong. Cramming is the most common thing students do which results to low grades in school. Honestly, I always do that especially when I was in grade 6 and until my 1st year in high school. Now, I barely do that. Another thing that you should have is perseverance. Even though you have problems at home or something you think that would make you stop, no matter what, you need to persevere and continue your missions and tasks you’re doing. “Honesty is the best policy”. Everyone of us should practice honesty. Not only at school but in all places we are. It’s just because temptations make us do serious bad stuffs, like cheating. We all know that copying one’s answers are bad but we keep on doing it. That’s because we are always used to do it, if we know that we doing a bad thing, of course we should stop doing that and avoid making it a hobby of ours. One of a scientist’s attitudes is a positive outlook in life. We’re not scientist but we keeping this in our hearts and minds will definitely give us confidence and hope in anything that we do. No matter how big your problem is or how big your careless mistake is, don’t lose hope, trust yourself and have positive thoughts. Remember that the best way to solve a problem is through it.

     If I failed to reach these goals, maybe I should accept it and try to move on with it. It’s genuinely hard to accept failure but crying all day long would never help in that situation. I think I would just enjoy my life, relax for a while and hang out with my friends. Then, after I moved on, I think I’ll be looking for an easier and more suitable course for me. And I’ll still work on improving my skills in music. Maybe I’ll try something new, like learning how to cook well, learning a new sport, learning a new language or even taking ballet lessons. I think my life would be ok with that.
     Nothing bad will happen to my family since we have separate lives, but I think they’ll support me and keep on giving me guide and help in any problem I encounter.

     My life would definitely amazing if I succeed in reaching my dreams in life. I picture my husband carrying my daughter and me holding my son’s hand. I believe our life would be perfect since I had a good job. We’ll be living in another country, maybe in England or in Japan and we’ll be having our terrific house there. Then every a month or two, we’ll be visiting my parents. We’ll be having maids  and nanny in our house. And I’ll make sure my children will have a good education and hopefully, will not be a spoiled and lazy since we have maids and nanny taking care of them. I hope they would learn to work hard to achieve their dreams just like how successfully I reached it. I would definitely enjoy my job and I’ll maybe be having good friends, and I’ll hang out with them and shop with them. With this kind of successful life I think I would be the happiest women in the earth! I believe I would be more religious and trustworthy with God since he gave me almost all I wanted to have.

No comments:

Popular Posts