Sunday, April 15, 2012

stuff i wrote when i was 12: aj rafael and friends

sorry for my poor writing skills... :)

AJ RAFAEL and FRIENDS

Do you know AJ Rafael?
My sister just discovered him in youtube. And I can surely tell he’s one of the youtube celebrities. We found him when we were looking for the official music video of Jason Mraz and Colbie Caliat singing “Lucky”. He was with his friend, Cathy Nguyen and they were doing a cover of Lucky. It was good. They got the correct harmonies and they were able to sing it very well which earned them millions of views.
So since I saw this Filipino Celebrity in youtube, I watched his videos where had known the circle of his friends. He sings with his different friends. Once I saw her sing with Lydia Paek then the next video, he’s doing a cover of “Anyone else but you” with Jess Delgado. I guess that’s because they were studying at the same college music school, something like that (I remembered he mentioned that in one of his videos…).

Anyway, Aj Rafael also writes his own songs. I totally liked the song he write with Jesse Barrera: “She was mine”. It was kind of Jason Mrazy style. I like the tune! And since I heard that song I’ve been singing it all the time and it had been stuck in my head. But I think Albert Posis and Mark Meija’s cover was the best. AJ also did a cover of his own song with Kallie Palm, with AJ using the piano. Until now I’ve been listening to this song while I’m doing assignment, reviewing or chatting with my friends. Even though it’s pretty tiring to hear it again and again I still love the song and I am so much thankful to AJ and Jesse for making this kind of melodic song.
Another song I liked was titled “I Just want you”. He composed this all by himself. This is also my favorite AJ song being next to the first one I mentioned. AJ composed many songs but not all were pretty good to me, but I’m not saying all of his other songs were truly bad. Some of them are just tiring to hear, but of course, his songs are not that awful.

AJ’s friends on youtube!
Lydia Paek
I’ve seen her singing “Chasing Pavements” with AJ and “I’m Yours” with AJ and his other friend (forgot the name of that guy). I remember her doll-like face, and her brunette hair. She always wear eyeliner. She has a strong voice and have a strong vibration when she is singing. She can still sing Chasing Pavements in spite of her sore throat. She’s not only a singer but a dancer. I didn’t saw her dance yet, but AJ mentioned Lydia dances too. Lydia’s funny and she laughs so loud and hard.

Jess Delgado
This girl is so charming. She had the perfect eyes, well-shaped lips, dainty nose and curly black hair. I know she’s don’t have that white American skin but her tan skin tone is perfect for her Asian-like face. Her voice is unique and obviously like Norah Jones’ voice. She don’t babble a lot. She’s more like the shy type.

Mark Meija
To be honest Mark sings the best among AJ’s friends (including him). He has a beautiful and heart-warming voice. He can control his voice. He’s Fil-Am and he once beaten the crowd’s favorite singer, David Archuleta when in “star search” when they were younger, making David as the second runner-up and him as the champ. He has his own youtube account (markster) and he appeared on their cover of “Everytime I close my eyes” with Albert Posis and AJ Rafael.
He also had a cover of “She was mine” with Albert Posis when they were having their slumber party at Albert’s house.

Cathy Nguyen
I don’t know if it’s Cathy or Kathy but anyway, Cathy was the one who sang with AJ in their cover of “Lucky” which became the best-loved cover of Jason and Colbie’s song. I’m not sure if she had her own band but I always saw her to be the vocalist in her videos.
She’s a cutie too. She looked like Vietnamese.

Albert Posis
This is Mark’s best buddy. He always do covers with Mark. Usually, you can see him holding the guitar when doing covers. He also plays piano. I don’t know If he’s a Filipino but describing what he looked like makes me think he’s one of us. Usually, Albert sings the high part when having duet and covers with his friends. He sounded like Mark in their popular cover “She was mine”! I can’t even distinguish their voices, I don’t know if Albert really sang the high part of the song. Albert’s funny and aggressive.

Jasmine
I forgot her surname!!!
This girl showed up in Miley’s music video of “7 things”. She’s the one holding the bulletin board. This girl is pretty, has long black waist-length hair and fair skin. She did a cover of “Can you feel the love tonight” and “A Whole new world” with AJ. I noticed she sounded like Beyonce when she sings low notes.
She has her own youtube channel but I forgot her username, but anyway, I watched her 2 other videos. The first one I watched, she sang Rihanna’s song (My memory fainted!), where she was recording it in her house (not sure). The other one was maybe in her concert. She sang “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys. Jasmine is charming and the shy type that I usually liked. I can tell she’s somewhat religious or had a mad love for God. When she was singing Alicia Keys’ song, instead of singing “If I Ain’t got you, baby” she said “If I Ain’t got you, Jesus”. I’m glad that there’s still someone like her who realizes it’s all because of Jesus why they became fortunate and lucky.




No comments:

Popular Posts